Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uranium testing re pieces on site

Go down

Uranium testing re pieces on site Empty Uranium testing re pieces on site

Post  deborah Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

As per all the posts on the uranium pieces the site featured - please note that I started testing today. I pulled 3 pieces completely from this category. They are the clear Riekes vase, the small modern looking green scalloped dish and the small clover shaped blue ashtray - no glow when tested this time. Re the other pieces - many are still in Cornwall so couldn't test them and the others that were here glowed very brightly but I want to make sure that the glow is uranium as all the pieces are different colours and different weights - the geiger counter test will be so great! It was purchased last week on e-bay from the US so barring any customs problems - should have it within the next 2 weeks. Then I will retest the glowing pieces with the "expert" before I commit to saying "Yes" or "No". Plus the pictures we took today were dreadful! Not worth posting anywhere!

So - 3 a resounding and definite "No!" and I apologize for the photo shoot tests - don't really understand that at all. I will also take the geiger counter to Cornwall - if any "No's" there - will pull the piece from that category immediately but if they test positive the pics will have to wait till get them back here from the exhibit.

Deborah

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down