Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solution to uranium pic posting and pics on forum affecting speed

2 posters

Go down

solution to uranium pic posting and pics on forum affecting speed Empty solution to uranium pic posting and pics on forum affecting speed

Post  deborah Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Talked to my web guy:

He thinks there would have to be a massive number of pics on the forum before the speed is affected (totally different functionality than my site re loading speed). That being said - I think it is still easier to see collection spreads on photobucket but totally up to you how you want to post them now that the loading question is answered. If we do find down the road that the forum is loading slowly, we will address the number of pics on it then.

He says that the uranium section CAN DEFINITELY be handled by using 2 boxes per piece - it will just look different than the rest of the shop but I think we all will understand why given the types of shots needed and shown. I have been speaking to glasscollector and she has advised me that the second box should be a green glow shot and not the white/black shot to be crystal clear as to what material is making the glow to provide the highest comfort level possible to uranium collectors. So will do and will post a series of pics (ordinary, green glow and white/black shots), on photobucket for those interested in where the uranium and other materials are placed. Eg - in some Murano pieces the uranium was deliberately placed in circles (geode shaped pieces especially). With the three pics we have covered all the bases!

Now just give me a week or so to get the shots done up of the pieces I have here and to my web designer for editing (they won't be professional quality like the others) and posting. I will deal with the ones in Cornwall later - but I will triple check them down there. That way I have demonstrated good will, putting "my money where my mouth is" and transparency so that will go a long way re assauging any doubts about the others until they are actually in my possesion again. I am warning you that I am a lousy photographer!

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

solution to uranium pic posting and pics on forum affecting speed Empty uranium pictures

Post  glasscollector Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 pm

You will do just fine Deborah and make it fun but steady yourself when leaving the dark room you could get dizzy from black light to daylight. Smiles Thank-you so very much many will appreciate your efforts. Patiently waiting. Sandy

glasscollector

Back to top Go down