Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added )

3 posters

Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added )

Post  Donna J Sat May 26, 2012 12:59 am

Hello my name is Donna and I am new to collecting Chalet glass. I would like to show my six arm piece of Chalet that I bought at an antique show for $40.00 dollars. I have been told that it is quite rare. Beginners luck I guess. I also purchased this small blue and amber piece at an antique store. I don't know what maker it is. If anybody knows anything about it I would appreciate that information. Thanks for taking the time to look.
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1948
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1949
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1950
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1951
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1947
Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) DSCF1952

Donna J

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Chalet

Post  Glassman Sat May 26, 2012 6:01 am

I'd say they are both Chalet, I've seen the orange one as Chantilli as well.I don't think Rare is correct but they are both not as common as other pieces. Nice find.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Welcome and incredible start to your collecting!

Post  deborah Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 am

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting the 6 arm - so nice to see a piece like this identified. Glassman must have seen alot more than I as this is only my 3rd "sighting" and my first that has an identifying mark. My huge orange 6 arm is definitely Lorraine. And this is also the first Chalet one that I have seen in pristine shape - my small green one has a broken tip and the only other one I have ever seen had a base that was cut in half the chip was so big. This is a gorgeous piece.

Your "mini" is also quite something - defintely Chalet. These "picolli" (little ones) were done at the end of day to use up glass. Most often they were not signed as they were taken home by staff. In fact, the artists told me they were also called "under the coat" pieces. Check out my signed fire engine red one exactly like this in another topic (I think called good things do come in small packages).

Thanks again for posting - you sure are off to building a great collection with these 2 pieces in your starting line up!

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Re: Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added )

Post  Donna J Sat May 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Thank you Deborah and Glassman for the information on my glass pieces. I am new to collecting so it is nice to get knowledge about what I have. It is a nice day here so I am off to Fort Langley in B.C. to the antique shops to see if I can find something. Best regards, Donna J

Donna J

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Ah ha

Post  Glassman Sat May 26, 2012 6:01 pm

So you live in Vancouver too. You should try New West Minster Antiques alley. Lots of Glass in the shops there. I know cause I sold it to them lol. Maybe 6 arms are more common in BC cause I've seen that one several times. You should try the antique show at the croation centre this Sunday too. Enjoy the hunt.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Response to Glassman

Post  Donna J Sun May 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Hello Glassman, Thanks for your imput. I do go out to the Croation Culture Centre mid century shows, as many as I can get out to. There were 2 guys who had quite a few pieces of glass as well as other items at the shows everytime I went. Their glass pieces I thought were outstanding but quite pricey, I always enjoyed talking to them. The last show I went to about a month or more ago I didn't see them there, but, I did go out to the Vancouver Flea Market, which I have not been to in many years and these guys had a booth setup there. They had quite a few pieces and I thought that they were incredible (keep in mind that I am a novice and have not been exposed to much glass of yet). I have also been out to New West Antique alley maybe a couple of years ago and have purchased a piece or 2 there. Maybe something you sold. "LOL". Anyhow I appreciate you filling me in . Best regards, Donna J.

Donna J

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added ) Empty Re: Hi I am new to collecting & new to the forum.( pictures added )

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down