Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics

2 posters

Go down

photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics Empty photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics

Post  deborah Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I created a photobucket account at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so I could post pics as needed - I am still more than happy to send them via e-mail as well.

I have posted a variety of uranium pics there to address the need for pics until I can get them on the site somehow. You will see that they are shot in a variety of ways - all were shot in studio light and then under UV light. My photographer saved some in the traditional green glow, some in shades of white and grey and some in both. We felt that showing the uranium glow as white and grey helped to see exactly where the uranium was found in the piece and how heavy its concentration. Sometimes - especially in the really heavy uranium pieces, you lose the shpae of the piece because of the glow. Which really is fun to see them that way but wanted to use both so in pieces that there were smaller amounts of uranium - you would be able to see exactly where it was. Check out the white shots of the Birks basket - if that was on your x-ray you would not be happy!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics Empty photobucket pics

Post  samcass Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi Deborah Welcome to photobucket my favorite photo sharing site. I am a photographer and do on occassion glass photo shoots I know what you are talking about in this post but do you know that other chemicals can show in the white line form such as magnesium and many more so the white pictures do not truely show only uranium compound it just merely shows any chemical used in glass I would love to see the uranium pictures as well, Looking forward to seeing your additions. Sam

samcass

Back to top Go down

photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics Empty uranium photographs in black and white

Post  deborah Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Sam,

Welcome - glad to have an expert photographer on board! I hope that you are ready for questions!

I do know that other chemicals will show - that's why I did that series of the basket from ordinary to traditional uranium shot to the black and white. And I am regretting now that my photographer went that way given all the debate as I do not have as many of the "green glow" shots as I thought I did - I will reshoot them with a friend's help and pair them up with the black and white as they look so neat in 3 and as you so rightly pointed out need to be shown in context with the green shot. Oh well - live and learn! I am not a good photographer so I hope that they will look okay on photobucket! My friend is much better so I will throw myself on her mercy and/or blame her for any bad picsLOL!

Alot of my pieces that are shown in the black and white are in Cornwall Ontario as we are doing an exhibit of Chalet Glass at the end of October and they are already down there but I pulled the ones that I haven't taken down yet into the basement where my black lights are and rechecked. So far all glowing bright green-the ones I am starting to question (the initial shoot was in January and I simply can't remember the brightness of the "glow") but I will recheck the amber and a few of the blue as want to be as accurate as possible.

I have a green piece that fluoresces bright yellow - uranium and just yellow looking because of the emerald green glass or something else? Will get a pic and post but any first thoughts given that you might have shot similar?

Thanks!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics Empty Re: photobucket account for chaletvintageartglass to show extra pics

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down