Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show

2 posters

Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show

Post  deborah Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got back from the Dale Chihuly exhibit in Montreal and my love of glass has certainly not diminished. The show was fabulous and is on until October 20th at the Montreal Museum of Fine Art - I assure you, it is worth making an effort to see. 9 huge installations - over 10,000 pieces of glass and it took the team 16 days to assemble. I know "Not Chalet" but since he is the first non-Italian artist to ever work with the Masters in Murano - making an exception. Kind of - my sandbox, my rules. At least for todayLOL

I also had a Chalet "moment" outside of the exhibit - on the way to dinner, passed the Place Bon Adventure on Rue Sherbrooke and of course - Chantili, Chantili, Chantili sprang instantly to mind. Very cool to picture a Chalet truck arriving there with their pieces for distribution and sale in Montreal.

Here are pictures from the exhibit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will post some more later.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty show souvenir?

Post  AnnieB Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi Deborah,

Was at the show earlier in the summer - just freaking amazing. As were the prices of his pieces in the gift shop. I just kept smiling - you could buy a good used car or a piece of Dale Chihuly:) So - how many pieces did you buy as a souvenir? I settled for a puzzle and a book.

Great pics - hurry up and post the rest! It's like being there without the drive.

Annie B

AnnieB

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty more pictures

Post  deborah Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am

Hi there Annie,

To heck with the gift shop pieces - I went for the full installationsLOL Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were no puzzles left and I already have a Chihuly book so I got one of the show posters that was plaque mounted. It will look gorgeous in my shipping room which is lime green and orange.

My husband took some pictures of the pieces in the gift shop - will post them first here. Prices ranged from a low of $5,600.00 to almost $9,000.00. As Annie said, cost of a decent used car. And you can see how small the pieces are. Definitely table top or shelf display size.

Here is the next set:

I have one more picture to post - it is of the outdoor installation. An absolutely massive "sun" tower that was designed especially for this exhibit. Have to go find it.

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty outdoor installation

Post  deborah Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am

Hi again,

As I said - spectacular:

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty favorites?

Post  AnnieB Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 am

Hi again,

So what were your favs? Mine was the ceiling. did you stretch out and spend some time there?

annie

AnnieB

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty my favorites are.....

Post  deborah Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi,

Loved the outdoor sun tower, could have stayed forever in the chandelier room and loved the reeds and driftwood. Also loved the one boat filled with the spears and other odds and ends. The garden was also just so incredibly beautiful and so detailed. The floats were beautiful but didn't move me. Stairwell Persians were okay, did not like the neon display (husband loved) and the last room with the pieces that were mottled and looked a lot like fazoletto vases were striking but again - didn't move me.

I did like the ceiling - I stayed for a while on one of the mats and was able to find the angels, the manta ray etc.

I guess my overall favorite was the orange horned chandelier. It was so gorgeous.

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty missed this one

Post  deborah Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 pm

hey everyone,

Missed this installation. It was incredible - the contrast in colours and textures. Very simple and very effective. One of my favorites.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show Empty Re: a Montreal Chalet moment and the Chihuly show

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down