Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet Christmas trees

Go down

Chalet Christmas trees Empty Chalet Christmas trees

Post  deborah Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:32 am

Hi everyone,

Christmas trees were a production item BUT only for Riekes. However, the monster here was not a production piece - the production size crystal Christmas trees produced for Chalet's American distributor Riekes were 8, 10 and 12 inches high – never this size! Angelo Tedesco had this spectacular piece made for a Rotary friend and personally hand delivered it to him one Christmas Eve. Puchased in Cornwall from source. And I was able to verify the story as Gianfranco Guarnieri was amazed to see it at the 2010 exhibit - had had made it for Angelo!

Marked: Riekes Chalet “over 24% lead content” label
Height: 16.5 inches
Weight: 10 lbs 6 oz

It is on its way out West - Happy Trails! The others are also from personal collections - the tinier crystal is a production Riekes but the other 2 (from my collection) are not. Great pieces and very unusual - all marked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet Christmas trees Empty DEB is this CHALET has signature but looks a little diff to some signatures maybe just how picture taken

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Chalet Christmas trees Empty will be some variation

Post  deborah Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Bradley,

You will notice that there is some variation in both the placement and look of the etched signature - although done by a machine, it was hand placed and set and therefore the signatures will not be consistent. The piece that you have pictured is definitely Chalet.

I am redoing the Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines reference guide (last photo shoot this coming Saturday and then to layout) which should be ready by mid to end of May and have included in this 2nd edition - 3 new sections. One of which is "Chalet Mismarks" which deals with all (hopefullyLOL) the issues that you will see regarding the signatures.

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors and added info)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet Christmas trees Empty signed mismarks

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am

thanks deb, i have another piece in a blue it has 1 1/2 signatures i full and then the bottom canada part again on edge of the base

Back to top Go down

Chalet Christmas trees Empty Re: Chalet Christmas trees

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down