Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas in July!!

2 posters

Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty Christmas in July!!

Post  Pierre-D Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 am

Was very surprised when I found this Christmas tree at the antique market in Toronto. I've slowed down quite a bit on the Chalet collecting, but couldn't resist this one. It is emerald green and 8 inches tall. It doesn't have the etching, but does have an old Chantili sticker on the base. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the first kind of sticker they used, with a picture of a little glass blower on it.

Christmas in July!! <a href=Christmas in July!! Img_7910" />

Christmas in July!! <a href=Christmas in July!! Img_7911" />

Pierre

Pierre-D

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty very unusual piece

Post  deborah Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 am

Hey Pierre,

I have an emerald green tree but with a different base and with a Riekes sticker. Will post a picture when I get it - waiting on some shots. Very unusual to see a coloured tree. Other than 2 I have (the other is also in the picture I am waiting on and is even odder), yours is the only other one I have ever seen. And that base is not one I have seen ever.

Definitely a wonderful piece - you sure have luck at antique markets! Good find - ho ho ho!

Deborah.

deborahAdmin

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty pics of trees

Post  deborah Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi again Pierre,

Here is the picture of my 2 coloured trees together. The multi-coloured one - never seen another like it. There is a clear one in this style listed in a Riekes catalogue I have as a "ring tree" - very cool. I was wrong about the base. My green one is like yours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty Re: Christmas in July!!

Post  Pierre-D Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Deb,
Thanks for the pics. The multi-coloured one is very nice. I remember seeing it in your Shapes and Colours book.

Pierre-D

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty your base is different

Post  deborah Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi again,

I think I am having a "moment"LOL - your base is different. Similar but definitely more flattened. Not a huge difference but interesting.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Christmas in July!! Empty Re: Christmas in July!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down