Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting at Flickr

2 posters

Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Waiting at Flickr

Post  sassy Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi,Deborah and Glassman!
I have managed to get 4 photos to Flickr.I have again checked out your awesome site,Glassman--these 4 are NOT anything I want to be judged on technically or artistically for sure.
I do not know how to link them to this site--where do I go from here?
Sure hope you're not far away---
sassy(of Chalet? controlled bubbles)

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Follow Me Here/I Hope!

Post  sassy Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:14 pm

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Re: Waiting at Flickr

Post  sassy Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Clearly A Problem---Glassman?

Post  sassy Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Sorry to be such a pain,I thought I found the link info---tried twice (it did show up on preview) but the link doesn't come through to this board.
I only have 4 images in my photostream to bring here.I wonder if this is a Flickr privacy settings issue? What should I set to be able to be viewed via the photostream--almost looked as if I needed to upgrade and pay to do that?

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Flickr

Post  Glassman Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

All you have to do is cut and paste your address.Just click on it at the top of the Flickr page,and paste it to a post on here.Or you could just tell us your Flickr name to search.Like mine is Glassman74.You can and tags to your Flickr page like Chalet Art Glass, Loraine,etc.That makes it easier to find your pictures.

Good Luck.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Flickr !!

Post  sassy Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:49 am

So pleased to get your response,Glassman.I had been trying to copy and paste the link code in as you also advised,but it doesn't transfer.
I had tried sending it in an email to a friend not on Flickr and it opened up beautifully--so I know the link should work--but doesn't.
I just tried searching my F. screen name(google) and got nothing.
I first did the same thing with Glassman74 ,found your photostream in the google list,and went right there.
I have checked my privacy settings in my F. account over and over and don't see anything there that is hiding my images from a search.
Therefore I am totally stumped!
Can you try a search on Flickr for my screen name(sauntiques67)& see if you find my 4 measly photos?
(My tags are bubbles chaletcontrolled)

My hopes aren't up that you will find them.So--I will ask if the Lorraine bases are "lobed"---like a three or four-leaf clover? That is the type of bottom my bubbly piece in question has.Otherwise it seems to me very Chalet-frilly and bumpy in a gorgeous blue/green Sommerso.

Thank you so much for your help----I am at least getting some advanced technical exercise!

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty image test again/flickr

Post  sassy Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:27 am

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Pictures

Post  Glassman Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 am

Found them no problem.That is Lorraine glass for sure.Very nice peice,i actually like Lorraine better than chalet.Personally i think Lorraine had better shapes and colours.Nice find.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty pictures

Post  Glassman Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just wanted to try it again.Just click on the address,then copy then paste to your post.

Last edited by Glassman on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Here you go

Post  Glassman Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I did it for you.Now you can add as many pictures as you like.Very nice piece of Lorraine glass.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Glassman To The Rescue !

Post  sassy Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 am

Wow! So happy to see that you got the Flickr pix to work out.Clearly an expert!

Again,my apologies for taking up so much board space & time with my LORRAINE controlled bubble piece.In the above narrative--the link immediately above @ 2:38 a.m. is the way to see what I've been on about.Sorry that the photo composition is not what I want it to be---but it did bring me an answer to my burning question originally posted!

Just FMI---how did you tell it was Lorraine and not Chalet? I'm always ready for more info about this fabulous "niche" of Canadian Art Glass and would like to know the distinguishing characteristics.

sassy( a.k.a. sauntiques67)

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty correction--

Post  sassy Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:11 am

Actually it's the link at 2:47 !

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty yup-Lorraine

Post  deborah Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Sassy,

I agree with Glassman - Lorraine and a nice piece with the bubbles!

You can tell its Lorraine because of the colour combo with that set of pulls and base. I also have some Lorraine catalogs so once get home (am away) will see if the catalog number is there and let you know! Differentiating between the 2 companies gets easier as you buy lots and lotsLOL I have mostly Chalet but have a few pieces of Lorraine that I really like too. They did do some awesome shapes and colour combos. Agree with Glassman there too.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Lorraine

Post  Glassman Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:30 pm

The easiest way to tell is those thumb print pulls on the sides of the base.That is classic Lorraine,very often mistaken for Chalet.A lot of the ones you see with bubbles have a star shaped base,i would say those are more common.Also i would say the one you have is very rare even fo Lorraine.I like it a lot,i collect a lot of ashtrays.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Also

Post  Glassman Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Your astray would glow nicely under a black light.You should try it.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Finito--

Post  sassy Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Dazzled by your responses---you have singly and collectively made my day!

Sassy--happily studying ArtGlass 101,and in awe of the advanced students!

sassy

Back to top Go down

Waiting at Flickr Empty Re: Waiting at Flickr

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down