Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

great youtube video

2 posters

Go down

great youtube video Empty great youtube video

Post  deborah Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is a link to a great video showing glass blowers at Continental Glass in the mid 1960s creating a vase, 2 bird centerpieces and a bird figurine. This company operated in Calgary briefly during the mid 1960s. It was founded by Josef Takacs after he left Altaglass. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

great youtube video Empty Continental glass

Post  Thumper Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 am

Hi Deborah, interesting video. I wonder if they signed any of their pieces as they look the same as what Alta glass was doing. I was at the local flea market and got a green with a blue edge Maple leaf..........FINALLY. At the Antique show on the week-end I was able to buy a purple Canada Art ashtray. I'm hoping to get my shelf unit up this week then I can dig out all the pieces of glass that I've been buying and just leaving in the box for safety.
Bob

Thumper

Back to top Go down

great youtube video Empty Re: great youtube video

Post  deborah Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:40 am

Hey Bob,

Glad you finally got your maple leaf - and a 2 tone! You have some of the rarest pieces eh. Re the Canada Art ashtray - so many pieces marked that way are in the purple just seems to me that it is more supporting evidence that it is Chalet given that they considered purple a second. It is definitely the most common colour of these pieces.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

great youtube video Empty Re: great youtube video

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down