Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least favorite colour and shape

3 posters

Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty Least favorite colour and shape

Post  Glassman Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 pm

For me it's a Honey Amber long arm stretch. Chalet Lorraine Edag dosnt matter all are bad.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty Re: Least favorite colour and shape

Post  deborah Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 am

Hey Glassman,

I know this will not be a popular answerLOL but my least favorite is the blue/green combo. Although I have seen a vase and a bowl in it that were beautiful. It isn't that I think they are hideous - just does not stir any desire to possess. I don't really have a least favorite shape but I do have a least favorite base - I really hate that round "coin" base that EDAG used so often. I think it makes even the nicest pieces look clunky. Like it was the easiest way to finish them off.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty Shapes

Post  Glassman Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:06 pm

The coin base is not great for sure. I guess my very least favorite is those god awfull Lorraine Edag birds. What were they thinking?

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty not fond of the Chalet "chick"

Post  deborah Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi again,

Also not fond of the Chalet "chick" animal figurine. For the longest time, I called it a "rubber ducky"LOL and didn't realize that it was a chick till I saw the catalogue page it was on.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 am

you guys dont like this combo?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am

MY LEAST FAV is AMBER to me screams OLD but i do have a very DARK AMBER stretch on my WOODEN/GLASS top coffe table next to the exact same stretch in RED and looks great

Back to top Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty Blue and Green Bowl

Post  Pierre-D Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Beautiful bowl, great colour combo!

Pierre-D

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre-D Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't think I really dislike any of the colours. Even the ones I like the least end up growing on me. When I started buying art glass, I stayed away from the olive green. I found the colour dull. Then, I found my first splash vase for the right price in olive green. I gave it its own little corner and it looks great, especially when the sun hits it. I guess it depends on the decor of a space, on the other colours around and on the lighting.

Pierre-D

Back to top Go down

Post  Glassman Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:00 am

I used to hate olive green too but I have a few pieces that I love I'm that color. Sometimes I see a piece and think i just wish it was blue lol. It's good to have a nice selection of colour in your collection. I don't like to get too matchy matchy. Like to have each piece stand alone. Blue is by far my favorite though.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Least favorite colour and shape Empty Aha!

Post  deborah Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey Glassman,

Told ya olive green rocksLOL And I am now up to 3 blue and a blue and olive greenLOL again - so your side gaining too. Pierre - glad to hear the olive green vote too. Cracks me up when I see listings for "the hard to find/rare olive green colour". Must admit I love amber too and I have the deepest root beer (signed) spike and curl.

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down