Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post  chaletcollector Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 am

Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am mainly a Chalet glass collector - I probably have about 300 pieces of art glass with 85% being Chalet. I have been collecting for about 3 years on and off - I generally collect signed pieces, vibrant/uncommon colours, uranium, rare shapes, and large, oversized pieces.

I browsed through some of the other members' photo albums that were posted and I have to say that I'm terribly jealous over the awesome pieces you guys have. I have also stumbled upon some rather unique/uncommon pieces myself. I will try posting pictures in the next couple of days; unfortunately, most of the collection is stored away. I also have a few mystery pieces and pieces that I am curious for more information, so maybe you guys can help me on those.

I am really looking forward to contributing to this forum. Cheers!

chaletcollector

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Welcome!

Post  deborah Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:15 am

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your pieces - you have alot of glass! Have to leave your post up for my husband to "accidentally" come acrossLOL. I've been collecting about 3 years as well - have about 185 pieces in my personal collection and over 200 Chalet in inventory for the site - doing the exhibit in 2010 led to some rather heavy buying! Most of mine, personally, are also Chalet but have some Lorraine and EDAG that I really love. Hope we can help with your mystery pieces - if not the glass message board is amazing for those non-Canadian suspects.

I post alot of my personal pieces right on the forum but there are some slideshows on the site showing parts of my collection under the sections "Showcasing your Collection" and "Favorites" - just finished part one of a photo shoot as am revising the 'Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" reference guide and am starting to get the edited pictures back from my photographer so lots more to come.

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Thanks!

Post  chaletcollector Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 pm

I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection Deborah! Especially the paper weights that you mentioned in another post. Still haven't been able to grab one of those yet.

chaletcollector

Back to top Go down

New member Empty will post asap

Post  deborah Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi again,

My photographer is coming again this Sunday to finish up the rest of the shoot re the guide and hopefully he will have the rest of the shots from 2 weeks ago - still about 250 to come. The paperweight group shot is in those. Will post as soon as I get! His pictures are so great - always like Christmas. There are some other pieces that I had him shoot that I am really looking forward to seeing and will share too. One in particular I hope turned out well is a shot of 3 orange ribbon in crystal pieces - 2 are shapes that I have never seen before.

And then my surprise - he will be shooting one of Chalet's oldest pieces and one of their last together so Chalet's history in one picture. Should have that by month end.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down