Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!-new member

2 posters

Go down

Hello!-new member Empty Hello!-new member

Post  Pina Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi! My name is Pina and I am new to glass collecting. I have started collecting this summer as I have been off work on sick leave and have had the time. I collect vintage pottery,fine china teacups,depression glassware and now chalet glass. I was fortunate enough to buy a lot of 7 pieces to start and after finding this website and thanks to Deborah's help-I have a little more knowledge. I have a beautiful green vase(basket?) but the bottom is frosted instead of polished-I'll try to figure out how to post the pic. Deborah told me that it is edag. I also have a classic little blue vase that is only marked chalet and not chalet canada. I was wondering why but Deborah cleared that up by telling me that the marking process was hit or miss-depending on how busy they were and who was doing it. I'll have questions about my other pieces as well and look forward to learning all about chalet and their counterparts!

Pina

Back to top Go down

Hello!-new member Empty Welcome

Post  deborah Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Pina,

So glad you have posted. If you need help posting here - I can walk you through. The first time is a pain as royonoco and RobinT will attest to and most members post to flickr when they have massive collection portfolio shots. But very good to do it when you just have 1 or 2 pics and want really fast feedback. Hope you post that unpolished base pic of the EDAG basket! Welcome!

check out the "some favorites" and the new slideshow in "showcasing" for a glimpse of some of my private collection!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down