Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protocol on Site

Go down

Protocol on Site Empty Protocol on Site

Post  deborah Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 am

Hi people,

I have just read glasscollector's last post. I am sorry, as I said in my post last night, that people got so heated. I tried to deal with things in a light hearted manner and not to stir anything more up when I saw that ignoring the tone and concentrating on the message was not working. Well, I guess neither of my approaches was very effective so I will just state the obvious so we don't run into this situation again.

Please carefully review how you express your opinion or ask questions before you post and edit anything that on second glance could come across as confrontational or offensive - one of the down sides of this technology is that sometimes the person reading isn't on the same wave length as you are and also as we are on the Web maybe not even in the same language.

I won't allow posts in the future that are accusatory or sarcastic - shouldn't have here but thought it was the lesser of 2 evils not to start selectively editing as felt it could look worse than the diatribes - was wrong!

Anyways, my final thought is that a mountain was made out of a molehill and the "tone" of this forum suffered because of this - won't let it happen again. I want this site to be fun and a place that people feel comfortable. We are new so I guess some bumps to be expected but did not like some of the posts yesterday. Again - just reread before posting and think how you could sound - always easier to change before posting than try to justify something after.

Let's try again to get the same interest but without the personal comments!

Thank you!

DEborah.
deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down