Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri

2 posters

Go down

some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri Empty some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri

Post  deborah Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi guys,

Well - I spent yesterday afternoon with the artists and asked them re the avventuria bird ashtray as requested. They remembered it very well as it was not a production run and in fact Vivian Guarnieri had asked Gianfranco to see if they all could do something different in a down time as she wanted something special for her father. So this piece was created - they also did it in orange. It was a one time only run and very few were made. So you both have something very special - Vivian unfortunately broke theirs (snapped the bird off the rim). Anyways, re the distribution, they have no knowledge re the Eatons connection but it could have been that the buyer for Eatons saw them or Angelo Tedesco directed attention to them. Or it simply could have been a coincidence. However, we do know now that it was not a special piece made for or commissioned by Eatons.

Re the copious amount of gold in the piece - they reminded me that we are looking at Chalet pieces with gold through today's eyes re the value and thusly giving it special consideration or importance that such use of gold today would imply. Back then, gold and silver was much, much cheaper so they said it really was not an indicator that pieces were necessarily done for some special reason. A point very well taken and something to remember.

They were charmed to hear about it and it brought back a flood of memories at the table - I didn't even need to show them the forum pics (did later) then as they all jumped on the description as soon as I mentionned the bird on the lip of the piece. And they send their bemusemnet re the pieces surviving and you both having them in the same area. If you ever find another - especially in orange, send it East!

This is also posted under the previosu topic to make sure that everyone sees it.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri Empty Thanks for the information

Post  Wildrose57 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Thank you so much for "going to the source" for the information on this piece, Deborah. Very Happy
This is the sort of thing one would not be able to find out otherwise!
We have printed it off to keep with the item - for future owners.
Thanks again.

Wildrose57

Back to top Go down

some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri Empty no problem!

Post  deborah Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Wildrose,

No thanks necessary - it was fun having something like this to ask and it was really great seeing their reaction! I thought the comment re use of gold, made by Maestro Gatto, very interesting and something that I hadn't looked at from that point of view and point in time until then - simply never occurred to me (probably wouldn't have either) so that was also very interesting.

Hopefully we will be able to get more info like that - off the cuff to him, very illuminating to us!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri Empty Re: some answers re the bird ashtray from the Maestri

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down