Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally, a Chalet book!

4 posters

Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty Finally, a Chalet book!

Post  langhaugh Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:27 pm

“The Shapes and Colours of Chalet Glass” arrived last Friday, and I'm very pleased and impressed. It's even better than I imagined it would be.

How the book is organized makes sense and is very helpful. There’s enough history to put Chalet into a very clear perspective. The account of the personalities and their history provides real insight as well as making it more than a book about glass. Of course, the stars of the book are the photos of the glass itself. The photographs are fabulous and judiciously chosen, making the book both a guide to Chalet and a book for the coffee table. Not surprisingly, I wish there were even more photos of the glass, but what you do include provides a very solid account of the range of glass that Chalet made.

I suspect that you’re not going to make money on this venture, but you have provided an invaluable resource for Chalet collectors or those interested in the artistic history of Canada.

Congratulation and thank you.

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty thank you for your remarks!

Post  deborah Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 am

Hi langhaugh,

Thank you for your comments on the book - I value your opinion as you are such a collector of so many different types of glass. Means alot that you found it both helpful and esthetically pleasing. You are also right about not a money maker but a labour of loveLOL

Re even more pics - check out the calendar. I made sure the photos weren't just a rehash of the book. And they don't have to be dusted!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty lovely

Post  AnnieB Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:56 am

Hi David and Deborah,

I received my copy of the book last week and have finished making my way through it and started on the second go over. I agree with everything David saaid - very nice and a definite must for a collector. I am looking forward to more. I am now going to order the calendar as the photography is so good - that is the first step in getting my husband to agree to a print!

AnnieB

AnnieB

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty Thanks!

Post  deborah Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 am

Hi AnnieB,

Appreciate the feedback re the book and I hope you enjoy the calendar - like I said - dustfreeLOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty love it

Post  loveartglass Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Awesome book, I love it, the pictures a long with the info. I am very happy with my new book and calendar, thank you Deb Smile
loveartglass
loveartglass

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty pleased to hear it!

Post  deborah Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi there,

Glad that the book and calendar are up to snuff. Sure easier to pack than a basket!LOL Hope you continue to enjoy them and that the book continues to help with questions.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally, a Chalet book! Empty Re: Finally, a Chalet book!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down