Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual Chalet

3 posters

Go down

Unusual Chalet Empty Unusual Chalet

Post  langhaugh Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 am

Has anyone come across this piece before? I haven't managed to find another like it, either in stores or in pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Unusual Chalet Empty Nice!

Post  cwms Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:19 am

What a beautiful piece!
Is it yours?

cwms

Back to top Go down

Unusual Chalet Empty Re: Unusual Chalet

Post  langhaugh Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks and yes, it is mine. I seem to have more Chalet oddities than standard pieces. I was really surprised to see the Chalet mark on the base of this.

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Unusual Chalet Empty Want it!

Post  deborah Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 am

David,

This piece is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I'm surprised it's survived this long - people wanting to pick it up as it just demands to be touched and then them dropping in a faint from shock that it's Chalet not Murano!

Amber is a colour I collect so no fair to post it now as Darlene and I can't go "hunting" until after exhibit opens! You have given us something to add to our Chalet list along with candle holders, pedestal footed shark, Madonna, Birks, Simpsons and AUotherAU pieces! We will definitely stop in Morrisburg on Sunday on our way to Cornwall and scour the stalls.

Amazing piece - thank you for sharing as so many people would never believe that pice was Chalet (probably me included) if you hadn't!

More please! I have an amazing amber bullicante bowl, signed and stickered Chalet, that I will post after the exhibit set up - from my personal collection but down in Cornwall right now. It is on loan for the "rare" pieces section so will be photographed by a Cornwall guy - I can post that pic once we have it. I know that on the "Glass Messages" board etc there is always alot of debate re Chalet doing bullicante so should have thought of this before.
Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Unusual Chalet Empty Re: Unusual Chalet

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down