Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Chalet

2 posters

Go down

New to Chalet Empty New to Chalet

Post  Glassnut Thu May 26, 2011 2:08 am

Hello everyone!

Love the site,i was hoping someone could tell me where other than Ebay to find Chalet Glass?I live in Seattle but travel all over Canada for work.I don't have alot of time to shop,so if there were some hot spots people could share with me.Also how much should i be paying? Any help would be great.I love reading all the posts on here,keep it up.

Glassnut

Back to top Go down

New to Chalet Empty Welcome

Post  deborah Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Glassnut,

Welcome to the forum and I appreciate your comments about the site. Thank you. Needs some major changes but "my guy" is busy with another Chalet project for me right now that is more urgent.

Re the glass - not really alot on the net other than e-bay. Try Ruby Lane as it does have it too. Just do some googe searches with chalet glass canada as some of your key words and you could find something amazing.

Love Seattle - was there last year. Best tour ever was the Savor Seattle Pike's Place tour - can't tell you how much fun it was and the food was amazing. Some awesome glass studios as well!

Re Canada hotspots - check out flea markets and antique marts as more vendors than searching out individuals. Not anyone place known to be a Chalet treasure trove but if you hit Ontario - let me know and I can point you in some specific directions.

What you pay - prices in Ontario seem to be higher than out West. You can pay as low or as high as you want depending on piece and marking and how much you want it.Obviously the rare pieces more than others but still can get lucky but not as often as before. The exhibit in Cornwall did do some educating.

Looking forward to more posts - post some pics of your collection for us!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to Chalet Empty Thanks

Post  Glassnut Mon May 30, 2011 1:06 am

Thank you for your advice.I will try take some pictures,i onlt have a few Chalets so far.Just bought one on Ebay.

Glassnut

Back to top Go down

New to Chalet Empty Re: New to Chalet

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down