Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Value

4 posters

Go down

Value Empty Value

Post  Glassman Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Just woundering what makes Chalet valuable to you?Size,Shape,Colour,Signature?
How much will you pay for one?What's the most?The least?

For me it goes Shape,Size,Colour,i don't care about signatures,i prefer unsighned i like the mystery lol.I can still find nice ones for under twenty dollars,here in B.C.,antique stores sell them for around 100 dollars.I won't pay those prices unless it's exceptional.The most it ever paid was 250 in a Ebay bidding war.That included shipping.Thoughts?

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Value Empty Chalet Value

Post  noseyme Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:11 am

Obviosly the value is in the eye of the beholder, location is also a factor chalet collectors find some areas impossible to find pieces, I know in my area pieces are very expensive and just way too hard to find I can spend hundereds in gas before any piece shows up. BUT the passion for my collection sends me to any extreme to get what I want god forbit if you think I may overpay but I beg to differ if I want it I get it...smiles. I have been on many web sites claiming value at $1700.00 to $12,000.00 for a piece of chalet highend art galleries. And those galleries are in BC. I paid $400.00 for my most must have treasured piece. Again going back to the eye of the beholder my highest is $400.00 yours is $250.00 so really who is to value the pieces but the collector themselves. Do not critisize people who pay more that you just count yourself lucky and collect like crazy because those cheap days will be over and your collection will be very valuable. We all have our own limits. I seen a piece of chalet years ago go to California misadvertised as Hollywood regency go for $1600.00 on ebay I was told it went to a movie set for props to set the era, so each to their own. Where do you shop share so we all can get some 20 dollar pieces. Now off shopping wasting my gas once again no doubt but thrilled for the hunt is there.
noseyme
noseyme

Back to top Go down

Value Empty Re: Value

Post  glasscollector Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Want my 2 cents well you gonna get it anyways, lol. Who values anythig weather it be Murano, Fenton, Baccarat what ever alway always always the buyer. If the buyer does not buy or collect the value is not there as long as there is collectors there is buyers with buyers come value however and whatever the math be from 1 to thousands of dollars. I have in my long long years seen things go nothing but up in value and others like pinwheel go to the ultimate lowest. My quess with Chalet because of the short running time it is bound to go up up up, not like there can be alot out there the pieces were heavy lumpy delicate and I would venture to quess many many had been broken which leaves the collectors with that much less to find again some are yet to be broken which leaves our grandchildrens grandchildren with that much less right? I agree with nosey the collector will set his/her own value. Time will tell as pieces come and go at markets ebay then again maybe worthpoint will set the value has anyone joined to see what some has sold for I say well well over 20 bucks, I too have lucked out with 20 dollar pieces but thats rarer than finding dinosour bones in my backyard lol. Happy collecting all and pay what you can afford no more no less OK set your own values some will be higher than others but nevertheless you yourself the collector will set the value today tomorrow and ever lasting. Who knows maybe we will get BC prices in thousands someday Chalet could be Canada Tiffany I sure class it right up there. I charish my collection and let the pricing fall where it may. Thanks Glasscollector

glasscollector

Back to top Go down

Value Empty @ Glassman Re: Value

Post  glassgal Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:17 pm

The concept of value extends beyond the shape, size, color or signature of any material possession - in this case chalet art glass.
In looking at glass, one may choose to place upon a piece a value that is higher than your 250 as the consequence of many differing factors. Perhaps the piece is a one of a kind, or the last of a line. As you know there is a rich history backing the creation of chalet art glass, assuming you've perused the About Chalet section. Because it is no longer in production (imitation pieces aside) what you find on this site (and elsewhere on the web) are pieces of history. While you may collect for the sheer enjoyment of collecting pretty colored glass that cost you no more than 250 dollars, others collect because they enjoy not only the beauty, but the history. And while this site may seem pricey to you, you will find that it is not out of the norm for the product it delivers.

While you have mentioned you expect the value of Chalet to go up due to its history, its clear that it already has. And who knows, perhaps one day that 250 dollar piece of yours will be worth 500. Or maybe it already is Wink

Moving on. I find this site to be in exceptional taste, well priced, well informed and catering to all styles of collectors.

glassgal

Back to top Go down

Post  cwms Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:20 pm

I think we've been given a couple of pieces, but most of our collection was purchased at $25-$40 a piece. We have paid over $100, but not often. There was a few I regret missing that went for more than that. It's funny to me that we found it easier and more economical to collect Chalet in Alberta than we do now that we live in Ontario!

cwms

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum