Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife"

3 posters

Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife"

Post  deborah Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Found something "new" and exciting - a hang tag on a Chalet animal figurine. It is a small blue/white tag that reads "Canadiana Wildlife Collectors Series by Chalet Canada" and has small drawn animal figures. On the revers it describes the line - I will add it to the reference guide and site once I get it shot.

It was on a buffle head duck (which is Chalet #620) and Maestro Panizzon had told me some time ago that Chalet did a whole line of Canadian wildlife so was very pleased to find it!

Does anyone else have one of these to share?

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty Re: discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife"

Post  cwms Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm

I don't have any of the tags, but we have a sea lion, fish, fox(?), beaver and ookpik that may be a part of that collection.

cwms

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty type of fish figurine

Post  deborah Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi cwms,

I have only ever seen 2 styles of Chalet fish and I had assumed both of them were tropical "species" One is definitely an angel fish and the other has it's tail up and is in sommerso emerald and blue. Is your fish different from these/

Interesting with a signed whale and a signed swan in this series - the green is a deep olive. I wonder if olive was used just in this line? I have never seen it in some of the obviously non Canadian animals. I do have a signed Chalet elephant that is cranberry and green so is really different. Probably using up some cranberry-definitely too expensive to discard.

Re assumptions - that "rubby ducky" figure is actually a chick (LOL) - found it in a Chalet catalog. Just another example of why I should stop assuming anything with Chalet.

I have never seen a fox but recently saw a signed wolf.

I will get pics asap - can you post any of the fish and fox? Thanks!

Deborah

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty Re: discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife"

Post  cwms Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 pm

This is the fish I'm thinking of here-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And The fox (or your guess is as good as mine!)-

cwms

Back to top Go down

Post  deborah Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Hey,

Never have seen that fish - and it is the deep olive. I would definitely say that it was part of that series and a question for the artists re the use of olive for this line - very cool! Will have to go find one now - again all in the name of research

I checked the catalogue pages I have - I think your "fox" is actually a squirrel Chalet 616 - I can't share the images as they are a photocopy of a microfiche and so poor that I don't think would reproduce but I have asked for my own copy so hopefully when I get that - better quality of pictures. On the same catalogue page is also a number for mountain goat - I have never seen one of those either and the image is totally obliterated so can't tell a thing. Also the musk ox - there is a signed one in the Sold Inventory on site. There are numbers as well for two different polar bears and two different Canada geese- again images not visible completely so can't tell with any certainity what the differences are between either of the two listings. Might just be size or like the whale - slight difference in pose. Your fish is not here nor is one of the two whales. I know that there are two whales - one with tail up and other with tail out. I have a signed one, just not photographed professionally yet, coming for the site with tail out and again - signed and deep olive. It is number #563. The whale with tail up is one of the 4 animals on the hang tag.

Thanks for sharing those pictures - fun finding new stuff - especially given the weather and the blahs that set in this time of year. That "foxy squirrel" is quite the little figurine. Glassman would say - no head or feetLOL.

Deborah

Hopefully when I get the new images - they will be better but in the interim - very cool to have at least these re numbers etc.
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty Animal Figurines

Post  Wildrose Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 pm

We have been collecting animal figurines for awhile. Do you know how many animals were in the Canadiana Wildlife series? We have a rabbit, the musk-ox, polar bear, birds, both whales, the "foxy squirrel" and a wolf (?), two swans, also a cat, an elephant, two songbirds and a rooster.

Wildrose

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty animals in the Canadiana Wildlife series

Post  deborah Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi again,

I am not sure of the exact number in the CW series- I was told by Maestro Panizzon, who worked on the animals, that they tried to do a very wide range of Canadian animals. I know that the buffle head duck (catalogue#620) was part of the series - I found the hang tag on a duck figurine and I already had one, the seal (#562), the mountain goat (#623) the Canada goose (#563 & 564) which I have in both clear marked with a Riekes sticker and a sommerso blue and green signed Chalet Canada,the owl (#617) which believe it or not I have in 4 different markings and both clear and blue and green and 2 different versions of songbirds (#701 has uncut tail and #703 has the cut detail tail/fanned out tail) - those are the only other ones that I know for sure belong to that series other than the ones you mentionned. I have a chick (#704) but I couldn't say for sure if it belongs to that series or not.

The other ones that I have/sold which are obviously NOT Canadian animals are the tropical fish (2 versions) a dolphin as well as several different versions of elephants. There is also a poodle.

I have an amazing set of miniature songbirds - both signed. One is sommerso blue and green and the other is sommerso amber and green - they are smaller versions of the #701 bird - straight tail. Mr. Panizzon said they were one of a kind and made to use up material - not production pieces and was amazed that they were signed.

I am sorry that they are not all on the site (I don't collect the animals personally) and if you want to see pics - I can take some for you as I am not sure when I will be doing another go for the site. I do not have the dolphin however any longer - it was sold before I ever got it shot or listed as my contractor loves the animals too and is building a collection. He also bought my #701 bird.

The only ones that I have that are unsigned - I have catalogue pictures of and that is the elephant I posted under the "black" Chalet discussion under the forum quite some time ago. I believe the fan tail bird is also unsigned but as said - have the number and pics and bought it after I saw one Mr. Panizzon had in his personal collection. I had never thought they were "Chalet"
before - he isn't sure why that bird is very rarely signed (his wasn't either) as it was a production run figurine. Just more of the inconsistencies that are "Chalet"LOL.

Both Gianfranco and Bruno said keep an eye on all elephants - go look and turn over as they did many versions and some are not typical of the trunk up figurine that we see most often. Some are very large . Gianfranco also had a HUGE koala type bear in clear crystal - made and marked for Riekes that just didn't catch on.

All the poodles that I have seen are also clear and made and marked Riekes.

So cold here today - the clear animals could have been made from Canadian ice not crystal!

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty took picture of hang tag

Post  deborah Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi,

Got a picture of the front face of the hang tag for you to see - pulled the hubby away from footballLOL. I am a ghastly photographer but his you can actually see.

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

discovered hitherto unknown Chalet hang tag "Canadiana Wildlife" Empty Seal?

Post  queenoftheroad Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 am

Hi y'all!

FYI:

Or if that doesn't work eBay search item 350432292728

Just sold. First one I've seen in a while. I missed out by an hour!

Deborah...happy to hear the signed birds are not usual...I love mine!
queenoftheroad
queenoftheroad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down