Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement

3 posters

Go down

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement Empty amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement

Post  deborah Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:43 am

Hi everyone,

On Sunday I gave a talk on Chalet to members of a glass collectors' association "Glasfax". Part of the afternoon was spent on "Show & Tell" - these are 2 amazing pieces that a couple of the members brought.

This EDAG bird centerpiece was the largest I have ever seen of theirs and was in that incredible lime green and aqua blue (identical to that basket in an earlier post of mine).
Was stunning:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The vase, although a production piece we have all seen and own, was huge and had what I think is a one-of-a-kind neck treatment as I have never seen it before. Was incredible - covet it!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement Empty Re: amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement

Post  Glassman Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:43 pm

That vase is really nice.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement Empty the bird and vase

Post  Thumper Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi Deborah,
The yellow vase is a really nice piece as I'm a fan of the twisted glass. The opening is very nice and different. Bet it would look awesome in orange or blue. HHMMMMMMM......................I'm really off the fence on the bird though....LOL, the base is great and the color is great, but the head just doesn't work for me. I've seen a few different bird basket styles and just can't get myself to buy one.....................YET...............LOL. BUT, never say never.

Thumper

Back to top Go down

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement Empty the bird looks crazy!

Post  deborah Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey Thumper,

I always think the EDAG bird heads look like they are crazy - the bad boys of the barnyard.LOL I do not have a bird centerpiece either. I have a friend who collects alot of Lorraine and EDAG bird centerpieces and while I agree the colours are great - cannot do it. Plus they are massive so take up alot of room.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement Empty Re: amazing Chalet vase and EDAG bird centerpiece from Glasfax engagement

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down