Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass

2 posters

Go down

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass Empty Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass

Post  Thumper Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 am

Hi everyone,
I just picked up a couple pieces of cranbery glass, one has the Heritage line sticker and the other is etched Chalet on the base.I'm not a big fan of cranberry glass but I just couldn't pass up on the large bowl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Thumper on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Thumper

Back to top Go down

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass Empty need more info re sticker

Post  deborah Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey Bob,

Love the bowl. Can you post a closeup of the sticker and the exact words - am not sure if that is another Rossi "borrow" from Chalet as as far as I know - very different wording etc re the "Heritage Glass by Chalet" line. You find such incredible stuff! Looking forward to hearing exactly what the small print on the label says - couldn't see. Old and tiredLOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass Empty "Heritgae Cranberry" is Rossi not Chalet

Post  deborah Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi again Bob,

Was able to maximize the sticker from your flickr page - it's a Rossi piece as that is not a Chalet mark. Chalet's cranberry line was called "Canadiana Cranberry" and marked with hang tags . Their other line of ribbed glass was "Canadian Heritage Glass by Chalet" and was also given hang tags. Both were distributed by N.C. Cameron. Mr. Rossi loved to ride on Chalet's coattails after the bankruptcy and his habit of naming his lines/companies almost identically to those by Chalet is one of the reasons many of his former co-workers at Chalet have less than high regard for him. And is a source of confusion for many collectors.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass Empty OOOOPS

Post  Thumper Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 am

Hi Deborah.
I had forgot to add the "&" between Chalet and Heritage, but its fixed now. Do you think the cranberry bowl is unusual? Because I'm not a big fan of cranberry glass I'm not sure how hard pieces that size are to find.

Thumper

Back to top Go down

Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass Empty Re: Chalet & Heritage line cranberry glass

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down