Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird

3 posters

Go down

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird Empty 2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird

Post  olafp12 Sun May 20, 2012 8:45 pm

I found these 2 lovely pieces this week. I thought they were interesting as they look a bit different from the Lorraine style bird, although the head is quite similar. One has a recognizable base with 4 round "feet", the other is a flat style base.
Interested to hear your thoughts on these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Warm regards,
Olaf
olafp12
olafp12

Back to top Go down

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird Empty Edag

Post  Glassman Mon May 21, 2012 3:46 am

Both are Edag birds I like the two tone one.Well the colours anyway.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird Empty 1 for Lorraine and one for EDAG

Post  deborah Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 am

Hey guys,

Agree with Glassman that the bottom is EDAG (the base and head) as it has their characteristics but I am going with Lorraine and only by a hair for the top based on the base and head - I just sold that bird in pure red. Why I am torn at all - the colour combo is something I/ve never seen Lorraine do byt the head is like ever other Lorraine head I've ever seen and not like any of ever seen EDAG use.
Here's the bird in red and then beside a marked 2 tone Lorraine and then a close - up of their heads (sneak peek at pictures from the new reference guide):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Love the id quandariesLOL And Alex - couldn't get a definitive on this bird either from Walter ( a colleague doing book on Lorraine who plays cards very close to chestLOL)

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird Empty Lorraine

Post  Glassman Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes the first one is Lorraine, that shape is in the catalog. I hate those Damn birds lol What Kind of bird are they suposed to be?

Glassman

Back to top Go down

2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird Empty Re: 2 pieces of art glass with the head of a bird

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down