Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet bullicante ashtray

2 posters

Go down

Chalet bullicante ashtray Empty Chalet bullicante ashtray

Post  deborah Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi everyone,

Pics starting to come in from recent photo shoot and the Chalet bullicante ashtray was in the first go.

It is 2 lbs 5 ounces, 2.5 inches in height and 6.5 inches in diameter. It is marked with the Chalet "Lead Crystal" label and I got it in Cornwall.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Second picture is showing it with a very similar ashtray that is not bullicnate. The non-bullicante piece is 1 lb 7 ounces, 3 inches in height and 5.5 inches in diameter. It is etched Chalet Canada. Both very similar to Murano pieces.

I also posted this in the earlier thread re "Stunning Yellow Who? What? Controlled Bubbles." as promised.

Deborah.

Last edited by deborah on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had thread title wrong)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet bullicante ashtray Empty Re: Chalet bullicante ashtray

Post  langhaugh Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 am

Very difficult to distinguish from Murano. The bullicante is so tight and regular.

There are differences between the two pieces, though. Have you asked the the artists about a piece like this as it would require a fairly specialized piece of equipment?

Thanks for sharing, Deborah.

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Chalet bullicante ashtray Empty will ask

Post  deborah Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 am

Hi David,

I really like those 2 - so close and yet so different. The non bullicante Chalet piece is much lighter and while still sommerso - much thinner casings. I will ask the artists for some info on Chalet's bullicante pieces now that I have something to show them. Before all I had ever seen was the avventurria owl that is also bullicante. In fact, I thought they only did animals in bullicante. Hopefully they will be coming here for a lunch soon if Gianfranco and Vivian are well so I will start compiling new list of questions.

I also have an amber Lorraine bullicante - has lost its sticker but is a production piece (#351). Again - so close. I saw a %^^%$ listing the other day that said "Chalet was just the Canadian name change for Murano" - obviously very wrong but you can sure see why someone would draw that conclusion.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet bullicante ashtray Empty Re: Chalet bullicante ashtray

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down