Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times!

3 posters

Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times!

Post  queenoftheroad Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Happy New Year to All Chalet Enthusiasts!

I'd like to point out that I just picked up the newest "Wayback Times" paper at my local antiques dealer and was pleasantly surprised to see a full page article by the one and only...Deborah Patterson!

Wonderful article. I'm curious if it will make a difference in the antiques market (and/or other places) as to the prices of Chalet going up? It will be interesting to see. Before your started this forum, website and the exhibit, Chalet was very quiet for a while and now it has WWW status and the interest of eBayers (mislisted items et al). It seems most items are now all associated with "Chalet" or "like". It will be interesting to see the effect.

Anyways, I'm sorry I never got to make it out to Cornwall and meet with you so I think you should do more exhibits elsewhere!

All the best to everyone!
QueenOfTheRoad
queenoftheroad
queenoftheroad

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty Chalet in B.C.

Post  Glassman Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 am

I don't know where you live,but it seems to me Chalet is much more popular in the east.It's understandable because it's from Ontario.About 5 years ago it was popular here,but has since faded away again.Of course there are some hard core collectors in B.C. like myself.Most antique stores turn me away when i try to consign Chalet,even though i'm well known to them.It's just not a popular selling item.Personaly i don't care if it's popular or not as long as i can find nice pieces.Check out my collection on my earlier posts.I'm putting a few more on my flickr page tomorrow.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty 2011 plans

Post  deborah Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Queen,

It is soooooooo nice to hear from you - Happy 2011! Thank you for your comments about the article - I really enjoyed doing it. Sandy Neilly of the Wayback Times is a class act! I will put a link to it in the new press section of the website. Hopefully we will see this renewed attention continue and we will be successful in keeping our learning curve going!

I was so disappointed re not meeting you in Cornwall - that was a smozzle but what a drive you would have had for mere seconds! Re your point about more exhibits-what do you guys think of a 3 day "Conversations about Chalet" collectors convention in Toronto in 2011? Do you think it would be a go - have an exhibit, workshops, the artists and the collectors......... Modelled after those Comicon conventions that have grown so popular................ I would love to do something like this - the best part of the "Art & Artisans" exhibit was seeing the artists and collectors interact.

Tell me what you think guys!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty Toronto 2011

Post  queenoftheroad Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey Deborah:

I too am sorry I did't get to come out...my darn iPhone wouldn't let me send out messages from that email address so as I was driving out from that coffee with Gordon Ramsay in downtown Toronto, I just checked my email and got your message and I was like you said, seconds to Cornwall! I was a bad girl driving and frantically texting you but all my emails were rejected (config issues in my account). Anyways...I drove to Yorkdale for some shopping and that's when i logged on to my other email account.
But that's ok. This means it was meant to be elsewhere!
Toronto sounds great! Did you ever think about other art galleries?
Let me know if I can help, I'm game for something new todo in 2011!

Glassman:
I'm in Niagara region Ontario. The glass is not that popular here from what I can see. Flea markets and Value Village sell pieces for around $30 but recently I noticed the prices at one flea vendor mysteriously jumped up the second time I enquired about some of the pieces he had. Out of 10 only 2 were signed and they went for $75 each. Another vendor had 3 amber pieces about $20 each, one signed...I bought it. He commented that if they were RED they'd be more valuable! People have different views on Chalet. I collect what I like. If it's signed, I like it better...no question to what it is.
I have a few other things I have come across in my last few collecting years.

Heisey Glass Rooster at Value Village $3.99 (something inside me sparked when I saw it and bought it)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Millersburg Boutonniere Compote Carnival Glass at auction $10 (no one bid so I bought it)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Again, to serious collectors, they know what I have. To the average eye, they can be cute whimsies. Nevertheless, I like them...that's why I bought them.

So sorry about the dragging on but that's all I have to share with you all (for now)!

Marta

queenoftheroad
queenoftheroad

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty Prices

Post  Glassman Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Ya it seems amber is always cheep,i do like them but i only buy unusual ones.The signature dosn't mean much to me but it seems to have more value with most people.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times! Empty Re: Happy New Year! Get the Wayback Times!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down