Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle

4 posters

Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle

Post  glassceramics Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:16 pm

does anyone have any idea if chalet made a pink bowl similar to the one below? did chalet make bottles/tall vases with amber glass and uncontrolled bubbles as below?
thanks
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

glassceramics

Back to top Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty Similar

Post  chaletcollector Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:52 pm

I have a similar-looking bowl/plate, the base looks very similar, although mine has more notches/folds: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mine is signed so maybe yours is Chalet? I like the colour Smile

chaletcollector

Back to top Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty same bowl

Post  deborah Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi there,

I have a bowl that I think is same as yours - got it in Cornwall but do not think Chalet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To my knowledge, Chalet did not make any bottles like the one you have. They very seldom made bullicante pieces and the bottles I have seen are either clear crystal or dark olive crystal.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty Re: pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle

Post  langhaugh Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:23 pm

The bowl is Skrdlovice from Czechoslovakia, 1950/60's. The bottle looks like Isle of Wight from Michael Harris, but the neck looks a bit thick. If it is from Harris, then there should be a blob of glass on the bottom with a flame stamped on it. The bubbles are from the addition of sodium salts or some other agent.

Da

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty nice to know

Post  deborah Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am

Hi again,

Thanks David - appreciate knowing where the bowl is from. One of my earliest purchases. I very quickly realized not Chalet but never did any further scouting.

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected typo)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle Empty Re: pink glass bowl and amber vase/bottle

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down