Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Rare Find

2 posters

Go down

Amazing Rare Find Empty Amazing Rare Find

Post  Glassman Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:49 pm

I found this piece of glass today that is signed Chalaine Canada on the bottom. It is very clear it says Chalaine not Chalet.It also has a sticker that says Hand made in Cornwall Ontario.Could this be a Chalet and Lorraine cross over piece? It's a lime green vase with blue trim, i have never seen anything like it.I will post a picture ASAP.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Amazing Rare Find Empty lightning fast trip to Cornwall - some answers

Post  deborah Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Glassman,

I had to go to Cornwall today so asked Gianfranco if he would be kind enough to let me pop in for 10 minutes to answer some questions - all yoursLOLWish you were here to meet the artists - you would love them and would probably make me look like I 've never asked anythingLOL

Anyways - Gianfranco has lived in Cornwall since 1963(as you know) and during that time there have been 3 Cornwall glass houses - Chalet, Mosaic and Rossi incarnations. He has never heard of this label and it is definitely not resulting from a Lorraine/Chalet collaboration. Probably someone with a piece of glass that wanted to make it seem more "official". Chalet did not do freeform pieces in lime green in the crystal as Sergio unable to get the colour right. I have a small stickered swan in lime green but it is a piece of the molded glass.

So can't help ya with who it is but can help you rule out by who it isn't!.

Have more info re the "poison apple" and Canada Art so will be posting there too - your mail will be Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle Notification
full!LOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amazing Rare Find Empty zing!

Post  deborah Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi guys,

In the tradition of April Fool's (Glassman cheated by a few days) I was "got". It is official - the site has a practical joker! Yes - and his name is Chalaine Glassman. I will enjoy telling Gianfranco and Vivian - definitely one in your column! Next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one!

Deborah

deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amazing Rare Find Empty HA HA

Post  Glassman Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Happy April fools day !

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Amazing Rare Find Empty Re: Amazing Rare Find