Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some of my newer pieces of glass

3 posters

Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Some of my newer pieces of glass

Post  Thumper Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 am

Well I finally got around to dragging my friend screaming and fighting to take pics of some of my new glass. I have more but this is a start. There are a few that I don't know who may have made them but maybe someone out there will.
Click here to get to my flickr site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Enjoy Bob

Thumper

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Glass

Post  CapitalArt Glass Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am

Hi Bob
Wow very nice glass love it all. Great pictures . The molten glass vase the satin one I have seen a few before not sure who makes them. The smokey grey ashtray does it have a triangle base on it ?

CapitalArt Glass

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Chalet envy drool

Post  deborah Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi bob,

Have to go put on a dry shirt:) My Chalet envy of your olive "ribbon" swan has struck again. great pics!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Chalet swan

Post  Thumper Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:21 am

Hi Deborah, I have now parted with the swan. Another collector and I did a trade, he actually has a few of them so it went to a good home. He has a GREAT collection of Chalet, Id say even better than mine.
I was wondering what your thoughts are on the amber colour shell that I posted, or the big blue piece. I picked up a blue splash ashtray today at VV for $30.00, now I have the orange,blue,olive,and two shades of amber, now to find a red one.
Have a good week-end
Bob

Thumper

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty ?

Post  deborah Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

Hi again,

I would not rule either one of them out as Chalet - the base on the blue really looks like Chalet and the fingertips look really nicely cased. I would have to "meet" it to give you a better guess though. The shell - is either Chalet or Murano. Am posting those pics of the verified Chalet shell here again. That is also another one I would have to see. I found a cranberry splash ashtray the other day as well as a "fingertip" ashtray. Posted them here too. I have this ashtray in amber in my personal collection in a slightly smaller version - you do not see them very often. In fact, this might be the only other one I have seen. Funny how you see the vases and the bigger centerpieces more often - usually the other way around. They probably got broken and while you might keep a damaged big piece around - why would you for a smaller eh. Both these finds headed for inventory as not my colours:( but fun to find. I did not find anything "Chalet" for me when I was out and about. But I did find a really fun vintage magazine rack/table with the original yellow glass tabletop still in perfect condition. I am redoing one of our spare rooms so pounced on it so should not complain.

I had not noticed the orange apple ashtray on my first go - check out your exhibit program and in the front entrance, you will see Antonio Tedesco's amber set - it is on the fireplace mantle and has the 2 ashtrays with the matching cigarette cups. That's how these were sold. I have had this ashtray in blue and now see yours in orange but his is the only set I have ever seen. Will post the pic here too. If your orange one ever needs a new home - please let me know!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope the pics of the shell help for comparison.
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Cranberry splash ashtray

Post  Thumper Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 am

Deborah, I'm blown over with envy.....I LOVE the cranberry splash ashtray. My shell doesn't look anything like yours at all. The orange apple ashtray is the second one I've seen here and both had their stem missing in the same place but the leaves were fine. Guess they just get knocked off easy since they stick out. I didn't buy the other one (deep blue) because it was when I was first starting to collect and they wanted $60.00 and I thought it was to much for it. I wish you weren't so far from Toronto or I'd try to get to meet you. I'll be out there near the end of June until about July 3. I hope to find something out there to bring home.
Bye for now Bob

Thumper

Back to top Go down

Some of my newer pieces of glass Empty Re: Some of my newer pieces of glass

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down