Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I believe the label?

3 posters

Go down

Can I believe the label? Empty Can I believe the label?

Post  langhaugh Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Another what tor me seems to be an unusual Chalet. If not for the label, I would never have guessed Chalet. However, I know that labels can be copied or transferred, so I wonder if anyone can confirm that this is Chalet. The pontil mark is very rough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Can I believe the label? Empty Label

Post  Glassman Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I've seen ones like that before,does it have a ch on the bottom ? I really doubt someone would even bother,dosn't make it more valuable.Then again people do some crazy things.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Can I believe the label? Empty Lable

Post  Dar Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Yes I would say definatly chalet, chalet did this line in amber and cranberry as well, would have a vivid pontil on base, wish you could see the Art Gallery dispalay there are a few pieces of this style at the exhibit definatly identified as chalet by former workers and glass blowers. However there is not a piece of this line in green yet. Nice elegant piece. Dar
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Can I believe the label? Empty Re: Can I believe the label?

Post  langhaugh Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks, Glassman and Dar. I've learned labels aren't always reliable so I'm reassured by your comments. I'll put the piece in my definite Chalet group now.

David

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

Can I believe the label? Empty Re: Can I believe the label?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum