Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE???

5 posters

Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE???

Post  Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Lorraine

Post  Glassman Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 am

I think that's Lorraine although the feathers are an Edag thing. Although I swear I had one with feathers that had a made in Canada sticker. So I will say Lorraine no chance it's Chalet.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty hybrid

Post  deborah Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am

Hi guys,

Definitely a conversation piece - gorgeous. This one I am coming down with EDAG because of the feathers. Bases seem to have been interchangeable and are the least reliable thing on which to base an id I have been told. Moreover, have seen EDAG with "Lorraine" bases and Lorraine with "EDAG" bases - your 2 tone 6 arm Bradley comes to mind instantly. But have never seen Lorraine do "feathers". Agree with Glassman - no way ChaletLOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Edag

Post  Glassman Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey Deb is it true that alot of former Lorraine guys worked for Edag? I picked Lorraine based on the over all shape of the piece. The big thumb prints on the sides of the base and those feet.Never seen an Edag piece with feet like that. It's definatley one of the two. It's a good example of Why it's so hard tp tell who made them.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty yes

Post  deborah Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey Glassman.

I know that Maestro Gatto came over from Murano specifically to work for EDAG (then called Venice Art Glass). He went to Lorraine after he left EDAG and before he went to Mosaic and Chalet in Cornwall. I believe after Gatto left Rossi in Cornwall he returned to EDAG but am not 100% sure. The father and 2 sons of EDAG were glass blowers from Murano as well. I know that EDAG periodically hired artists when they needed help so the odds are that casual help had also worked at Lorraine and/or Chalet, Rossi - just one great big pool of ever shifting talent it seems.

Totally agree with you about id's so hard - especially when a piece like this that seems to pull traits from both companies. But is fun and sure keeps our collections fresh looking.

I think I should get more info from the artists too about the thumbprints and pulls and bases. I have never really asked them about those as were so many other things to askLOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty marked "feathers"

Post  deborah Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:25 am

Okay guys,

Just to add some more confusion to the mix - this basket (sorry, don't have a stand alone pic) is a signed Chalet piece - with "feathers".

When I was putting the 20120 exhibit together, I met Maestro Panizzon first. He did a very detailed walk through with me and was amazed at some of the pieces. The paperweights instantly come to mind as he had no clue that they were ever done (and remember he was there from 1963 until end), the huge Christmas tree, the uranium pieces ........ Also this one. At that point, he turned to me and asked "Not Chalet?" I told him it was signed and he inspected it for a while. Then said "Very special". At that point I was unaware of EDAG and "feathers" so I asked no questions re its unusual styling and why he was so uncertain it was Chalet or production vrs. non-production etc. Unfortunately - I now will if I get a chance.

I have seen it one other time - same colour too on e-bay where it took forever to sell. Don't know why as it is a large spectacular piece. Maybe the picture didn't do it justice. Anyways, my point is - just another example of the blending of the styles etc. Perhaps this was done by someone who had done similar at EDAG or maybe was a Chalet artists sample that didn't go into production that EDAG then picked up on or maybe Chalet was copying a popular EDAG piece ............. Whatever - not a coincidence given they all knew each other, worked together, were all from Murano... All I know is that Chalet did not do alot of these in production or Maestro Panizzon would have known and I have no catalogue pages showing ANY pieces with "feathers". And we know that Lorraine tried it too - perhaps it is as simple as Maestro Gatto being the connecting link since he worked at all 3 places.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty blue marked chalet piece with feathers

Post  glassceramics Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 am

I have a blue centerpiece with feathers on all 4 wings, the piece is clearly etched with the chalet mark. is anyone interested in seeing a photo

glassceramics

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Yuuuup

Post  Glassman Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 am

You don't need to ask lol. I want to see a picture please.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty ALL WE WANT is photos :)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 am

photos photos photos please

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty sounds stunning!

Post  deborah Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

Hey,

I'm with the guys - love to see the piece!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty pics of blue feather centerpiece

Post  glassceramics Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm

here are two pics of the blue centerpiece

glassceramics

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty amazing!

Post  deborah Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi there,

This is an incredible piece. Would not have believed it was Chalet before my basket and still find it hard to believe. That colour and those details - truly unique. Great that it was signed. Now to find one for my own! More "Chalet envy". Congrats on a stuniing piece.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Re: CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE???

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:15 pm

agree nice piece Smile though i have to admit to much feathers for me lol

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Wow...

Post  chaletcollector Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:42 pm

That is quite an amazing piece, beautiful colour! While I agree there might be a bit too much feather action, it is still quite a unique piece and that's what is so great about Chalet.

chaletcollector

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Olive green feathers piece from Deborah's picture

Post  olafp12 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 am

Hi everyone,

What a lucky day, I ran into the item deborah explained earlier in this thread and what a beauty it is. Photos turned out a bit yellowish (no day light) but hope you like them anyway.
Nice to know they are not that common, indeed this is the first time I have seen one like this. Pretty nice. Oh yes, it is signed with the typical Chalet signature on the base, which is still in good condition. This made it an extra special find. Enjoy!

[click on the image for a bigger picture]

- Olaf
olafp12
olafp12

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty that's it!

Post  deborah Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Olaf,

Yes - that's "my" basket. It is a gorgeous one! Pleased that you ran into it!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE??? Empty Re: CHALET 6 ARM??? CHALET BASE???

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down