Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim

2 posters

Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim

Post  deborah Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:45 am

Hi everyone,

I was sent this picture for help id'ing - I do believe it's Chalet based on the shape and colour but check out the rim. Another piece I think we all need to go hunt for now! I will ask artists about when I see them next.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone seen anything like this?

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty ?

Post  Glassman Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 am

Imngonna say Edag or Lorraine just based on the Base. Deb I guess we have a 1 in 4 chance of being right not bad odds.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty love to find signed

Post  deborah Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 am

Hey,

It's the marks on the rim - to me they look like the pattern from the molds Chalet used. Never seen a Lorraine or EDAG piece which mold marks like these.

And re the base:

Love a mystery. Gives us something to look for. Great piece eh. Hopefully will get chance to show artists - that would be great.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty Nice

Post  Glassman Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:12 pm

That basket is really nice. Did Murano do that kind of pattern too? I'm still saying Edag just to be different. The shape is Chalet the color is more Edag.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty no idea re Murano

Post  deborah Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 pm

hey Glassman,

I have no idea re Murano - I wouldn't think so as it looks like a mold impression? I really have no clue - like I said maybe can ask the artists. We will dump it on themLOL

That basket was cool - quite small. I have seen some uranium ones in the blue with that base too and they were also small. So far I haven't seen any other pieces other than baskets with that base.

Has anyone else seen this base and if so - on what?

Yeah - the colour is definitely one I have seen EDAG do but like you said - shape Chalet. Like I said - let's dump on the artists if we can!

Debprah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim Empty Re: Incredible piece with "etched" design on rim

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down