Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet "forato" pieces

2 posters

Go down

Chalet "forato" pieces Empty Chalet "forato" pieces

Post  deborah Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got back from B.C. and made my regular trip down to Ethereal Gallery there to marvel at their pieces and pricesLOL A couple of interesting things on this trip - saw a Chalet beaver - unmarked but definitely Chalet. First one I have seen in "real life". An odd piece. Saw 2 huge song birds - much more Lorraine size but although unmarked know they were Chalet as one had cranberry and Lorraine did not do cranberry.

The most interesting thing to me was a stickered Chalet vase - do not know if it was signed as well as up on a high shelf and they would not take down for me. It was a "forato" piece. Forato meaning "pierced" and I have never seen a Chalet piece like this before. The base was Chalet, the colours and shape was also so have to assume the sticker was genuine. The "cutouts or piercings" were in two of the upward pointing folds (had 4) of the throat detail. Photographs are not allowed or would have taken one for you.

I was very fortunate on this trip to be accompanied by an extremely knowledgeable collector of European glass and I quote "The Italians started using the technique after the British sculptor Henry Moore had an exhibition in Venice in either the late 40's or early 50's. It shows the influence different branches of the arts had on each other, and how quickly ideas spread around Murano, not surprising given its small size."

The picture below is of an EDAG "forato" as I have no Chalet example to show - something for us all to look for! And truly in the name of researchLOL. Makes sense though that if EDAG was doing these pieces, Chalet was too. Again - also shows their Murano roots and influences as well. Must have been very rare though and something to ask the artists.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So as I said - this one EDAG (check out the base) but good example of the "cut outs" or piercing. Has anyone got a verified Chalet "forato"?

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet "forato" pieces Empty Wow

Post  Glassman Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:45 am

How did you get a picture of my piece? Lol Are they twins?

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Chalet "forato" pieces Empty sent a picture

Post  deborah Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 am

Hey Glassman,

Was sent this quite some time ago for an id. Don't know if it's the one you got or a "twin". That is too funnyLOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet "forato" pieces Empty Re: Chalet "forato" pieces

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down