Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members

3 posters

Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty 2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members

Post  deborah Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,

All the sections for the revised (corrected info, expanded sections, additional sections and many more pics) 2012 2nd edition 'Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" reference guide have been sent to my layout guy - I will let you know the number of pages, number of pics, estimated delivery date in a few days. Just wanted to give a brief update here as I have quite a "wait" list for this publication and wanted to assure you that it was coming along. Bit of a delay as my photographer crazy busy and it took longer than I had initially anticipated re getting back the pictures from him so I could insert in the text and then forward to layout.

I want to thank some forum members for loaning pictures, providing information and giving suggestions. I am very grateful to Thumper, Glassman, Wildrose57 and langhaugh for their contributions. They have helped make this guide complete and much more user friendly.

I am really looking forward to having this done - the first edition, brought about in 2010 in a hurry due to the demand at the Cornwall Chalet retrospctive, sorely needed re-doing. Some information in it inaccurate, some out and out wrong and we have learned so much since then - so incomplete as well. For example - 2 new Chalet hang tags, a new line and 2 new distributors' labels are being added to this guide. Added new sections - for example, one on Chalet seconds. The "Similar yet Different" section is really expanded and the quiz has over 30 "Who did these pieces?" pictures for you to test your id skills on. There will be an index to make referencing a mark, a label, a distributor etc so much easier. The binding will be saddlestitched - not perfect bound like the art book but quite a few grades up from the first coil bound. Not in a hurry this time - makes all the difference. The number of pictures has at least doubled and they are not the ones used in the art book - over 300 new pictures taken for this edition.

My layout guy had already started doing what he could with what I was able to send him in bits and bites so some work has been done - here's a sneak look at the cover. Note that the title missing "Labels" - it will be added:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comments?

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : sp mistakes)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty Love it

Post  Glassman Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 pm

The cover looks awesome can't wait to see the book.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty looks great :) i think i have that cover piece too

Post  Guest Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm

congrats

Back to top Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty Thanks for the feedback!

Post  deborah Wed May 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey guys,

Appreciate the comments-like I said, really looking forward to getting this one out there.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty Can't wait!

Post  olafp12 Thu May 24, 2012 1:39 am

Hi deborah,

Looks and sounds very promising. Really looking forward to it so I can further improve my knowledge.

Many thanks,
Olaf
olafp12
olafp12

Back to top Go down

2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members Empty Re: 2012 second edition "Chalet Marks, Labels and Product Lines" - thanks going out to forum members

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down