Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass!

3 posters

Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass!

Post  olafp12 Sun May 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Today during the various stops at yard sales and stores I ran into a few unusual pieces. Actually, most of them I'm not really sure who the maker is or if they are that old.

Green bowl
Thought it had a "Chalet style" touch to it, however the 4 arms are folded inwards and put together. Unusual bright green color and the folded shape I have not seen before. No markings.

Purple green vase
Not sure what kind of piece this is, but the color combination intrigued me being unusual. No markings.

Yellow talll piece
I have several pieces similar like this, and the color is not that rare either. Most of the sizes I have and have seen are around 45 cm tall, however, this one is quite a bit larger around 60-65cm. No markings but my best guess is Chalet (??).

Red dish
Not awefully big or heavy, it's about 30cm tall. Again no markings, but the style is quite different from (what I know) Chalet or Lorraine.

Blue purple bowl
This is my favorite piece I saw today. I was contemplating buying it, but it's quite large at about 60cm wide. I love the color combination though, unusual. Again no markings.

Would love to hear from you who can help identifying these items. I assembled them together in 1 overview picture, if wanted I can also include the links to the individual pictures.

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Overview2

Kind regards,
Olaf

olafp12
olafp12

Back to top Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty can't get good look

Post  deborah Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

hey there,

Could you post a picture of each separately and from the side showing the piece and the base in relation to each other. Thanks - I can tell your pink and green vase is Czech without another pic but the others - can't see enough details.

Hey - thought the May 24th weekend was to be spent slaving over the garden and lawn - not having fun out "hunting"LOL

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty Re: Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass!

Post  olafp12 Sun May 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi deborah,

I guess the advantage of not having a garden is that I can spend my time on other things, like doing some yard sales when everybody is working on their garden and lawn... LOL.
Unfortunately I do not have many other pictures, I'll remember that for next time when I am out again. I have placed the links to the individual photos below (just click on the small preview), but seeing your comment I'm not sure how useful they are.
I also bought some art glass bowls/vases this week with the head of a bird to them, I'll post them too (in a seperate item) I guess they are more likely Chalet than any of these. They however don't look like the one you have posted on your website in the section "similar yet different".

Anycase, here are the large pictures. Next time I'll take several including a detail of the base.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again,
Olaf
olafp12
olafp12

Back to top Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty sorry - still can't tell

Post  deborah Sun May 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey,

Overhead angles still not showing the glass enough to tell. I look forward to seeing your bird centerpieces. They are always intriguing.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty Answers

Post  Glassman Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 am

Murano,Murano, Alta Glass Lorraine.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass! Empty Re: Sunday treasure hunt - More colorful art glass!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down