Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet "corkscrew" pic from recent photo shoot

2 posters

Go down

Chalet "corkscrew" pic from recent photo shoot Empty Chalet "corkscrew" pic from recent photo shoot

Post  deborah Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Photographs from last photo shoot starting to come in so sharing some as promised. I don't know how to describe this piece other than as a Chalet "corkscrew". I asked the artists "Why? For who? When?" and they just said "Just an ornament." They didn't remember doing this as a production piece and siad probably given a Riekes label cos the Americans "wanted different".

This piece weighs 1 lb 8 ounces and is 9.5 inches high. It has the Riekes Chalet sticker. Pure crystal with a ribbon of burgundy/red threading thorugh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It went into my personal collection. Anyone else seen one like this or have one? Comments?

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet "corkscrew" pic from recent photo shoot Empty truly unique

Post  treckers Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

Hello Deborah,

That is a truly unusual piece. I don't know what to make of it and have nothing to add to your description. Your photographer must have had quite the time of it with the crystal and the shape. Thank you for posting it - I was very curious when a "corkscrew" was mentioned earlier and have never seen another Chalet piece that even vaguely resembles. Quite aptly named.

Will

treckers

Back to top Go down