Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet"

2 posters

Go down

one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet" Empty one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet"

Post  deborah Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to have been so silent so long and hope that 2012 has gotten off to a great start for all of you. Very mild winter here in Ontario so much easier than usual to get around - I know that isn't the case out in Alberta and Manitoba so you have my sympathies! Hope Santa brought you lots of new Chalet - I got 2 amazing pieces for my collection (167 now) that have to wait to post until after I get properly photographed as they are amazing and I can't do them justice.

Am schedulling a photo shoot soon - tons of great new pices and want to update reference guide re marks, labels and other glass houses so will have lots to share soon. In the meantime - I bought this vase in Cornwall. It is a very pale pink, 8 inches in height and 2 lbs 1 ounce in weight. The sides are quite detailed - pulls and thumbprints not attached prunts. I showed it to the artists and had one say "Chalet" and another say "Not Chalet" and the rest not get invovedLOL

What do you guys think? Anyone have something similar, identical?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deborah

Last edited by deborah on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet" Empty Re: one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet"

Post  langhaugh Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Deborah,

It's Lednicke Rovne from what used to be Czechoslovakia and is now Slovakia. The label often just has an "LR" on it. A very well made piece that bears some similarity to Skrdlovice.

David

Last edited by langhaugh on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

langhaugh

Back to top Go down

one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet" Empty Thank you!

Post  deborah Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi David,

Thanks - I was on the silent "Not Chalet" side (as I think were the not get involvedLOL) as the colour sure not Chalet so am very glad to have an expert opinion. This is the sweetest vase but just never "felt Chalet". Never put it on the site for that reason - my daughter loves pink so I guess I have started my 2013 Christmas "shopping"!

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet" Empty Re: one artist's vote "Chalet " one artist's vote "Not Chalet"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down