Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet Glass Lamps?

3 posters

Go down

Chalet Glass Lamps? Empty Chalet Glass Lamps?

Post  wownut1983 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey all,
I was looking on Ebay and came across this one item 330633334654 which are two Chalet vases made into lamps. Even thought it hurts to see those pieces with holes drilled through them lol. My question is, did Chalet glass make some of there pieces into lamps? or is that something someone just did after? very curious Smile

Best regards,
wownut1983
wownut1983
wownut1983

Back to top Go down

Chalet Glass Lamps? Empty Chalet lamps

Post  deborah Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi there,

Chalet did make table lamps for a very short time. They stopped doing it as too many of the crystal twists were split while drilling for the electrical. You can tell which of the crystal twists were made to be lamp bases as they have exaggerated sides and a much wider throat so they can sit perfectly balanced. Have a picture of a lamp and of a vase that was made to be a lamp in the book. I also have 2 blue vases right now that have to get photographed together - one an ordinary vase and one made to be a lamp. The only bases Chalet did for lamps were the crystal twists. Very rare. These are the only Chalet I have seen other than the one at the exhibit - it is the one used for the book. But you can find the vases quite often when you know what you are looking for.

Don't forget these guys were from Murano and lighting is a staple of Italian glass making. In fact, Luigi Tedesco and Franceso Pagnin still blow glass in Italy and do tons of lights - both table lamps and ceiling fixtures. Angelo Rossi (check out his site) the same - when Chalet went under and Rossi and Jaslow bought the equipment, they did lighting in a huge way. In fact, their company was called "Artistic Lighting". Thus starting the myth and confusion that Chalet was bought and continued under Maestro Rossi.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chalet Glass Lamps? Empty Val

Post  Glassman Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Val st Lambert also made lamps.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Chalet Glass Lamps? Empty Re: Chalet Glass Lamps?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down