Chalet Vintage Collectors Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG?

3 posters

Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG?

Post  deborah Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi wownut,

Welcome to the forum and I must say you have good taste in glass - check out one of my favoritesLOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I always "wanted" this piece to be Chalet but after seeing yours - was able to rule Chalet out because of the colour. More of a Lorraine mix but have been doing some thinking and Lorraine didn't usually do "fingertips" - so could it be EDAG? Who by the way, I am really starting to appreciate - they really did some clunky vases but also some gorgeous baskets and centerpieces. This bright green was also a colour that they used very, very often. But not a base they did??????????????? I think we could all do some research here.

What do you all think?

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty Re: Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG?

Post  wownut1983 Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Thank you very much Smile, these are really pieces of art. I will definitely have to look out for more

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Lorraineglassgreenredva
wownut1983
wownut1983

Back to top Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty Edag

Post  Glassman Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:35 pm

It's Edag for sure the colour combo and the feet,check out my Edag pieces.I used to think these were all lorraine but they are not,i have a lime green and red piece,i have also had the ugly bird in that combo.Edag is the missing link lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty Re: Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG?

Post  wownut1983 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Is it just called "edag" or is it "Edag Glass" ? I would love to learn more about this company. Do you know of any good website about the history or information about there glass? or any books? I am very curious about them Smile

wownut1983
wownut1983

Back to top Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty Edag

Post  Glassman Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm

I really don't know much about edag at all. I've just learned about the recently.

Glassman

Back to top Go down

Hi and good taste! Lorraine or EDAG? Empty a little re EDAG

Post  deborah Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi guys,

"EDAG" - the name is in caps and is formed by the initials of the family members. Also an Italian Canadian glass house of the same era in Montreal. More details and a picture of their sticker in the present reference guide and I will be adding more info to that section when I bring out the second edition. I have also recently communicated with a glass blower from Montreal who wrote his master thesis on Quebec glass making so got some more details from him. Plus Maestro Gatto worked for them for a short while - in fact, that's how he came to Canada. He was not part of the contingent that signed with Lorraine. I will ask him for more details when I see him soon.

Deborah
deborah
deborah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down